Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bloom and Grow Photography | Baby C (Utah Birth Newborn Photographer)

(This is the fourth post in an 11-on-11 project I am participating in this year with a group of insanely talented photographers from around the world. 11 pictures, on the 11th of each month. The only “rule” is one of the images has to be a self portrait. To see the previous posts click HERE or how about HERE.)

Something a little different this month.  This is my bestie, best friend, BFF or whatever you want to call her.  We met a few years back, okay more like 8 years back, when she moved into the house two doors down from me.  I brought her a plate of cookies (because I'm an awesome neighbor like that) and we have been inseparable ever since.

She recently gave birth to her one, two, three, four... oh yeah, FIFTH BOY and asked if I would be willing to take birth pictures.  I jumped at the chance to seal our friendship in stone and be a part of this special moment.

I can't even begin to describe what an incredible experience this was.  It's very different being a spectator during a delivery instead of the one in labor.  These pictures are intense, tender and real.  Like truly moments that will never happen again even if you have multiple pregnancies because each one is so different.  I look through the pics I took and even I want to start crying.

It was impossible to narrow over 400 hundred pictures down to 11.  As you can see, I ended up with 11ish...for this post groupings of pictures count as one. :)  Hope you enjoy the birth of Baby Cohen.



And the selfie...one day this will get easier to take, right??


Thanks so much for browsing!

Now continue the circle and head on over to visit the lovely and incredibly talented Taryn Boyd with Blu Hippo Photography.





8 comments:

  1. what a wonderful opportunity for both you and your friend!!!! BEAUTIFUL, I love the ones of him covered in vernix, so fresh and raw, love it. And you, my friend, are just drop-dead gorg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! That birth session was AH-MAZ-ING but THEN I scrolled down far enough to see YOU! WOWZERS! Gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW~how I would love to photograph a birth someday! These are absolute treasures. And you are just stunning!!! Gorgeous selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bought a tear to my eye! The emotion, the moment, oh wow.....I'd love to have the honour of shooting a birth one day. You did it perfectly. And as for your selfie.....you are too gorgeous for words. If I looked that good, I would be taking my picture every hour ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you totally rocked this!! And wow, you're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU my friend are stunning!!!!!!!!!
    I'm in love with these birth photos and it makes me so excited for my session in a couple weeks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. I love seeing newborns and especially of people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH-MAZING selfie!! And these birth images are beautiful, once in a lifetime shots :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete