Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Salt Lake City Family Photographer | Light and Shadows - Chiaroscuro

Welcome to month four of our Light and Shadows Project.  This is a monthly project I'm participating in with an extremely talented group of photographers from around the world.  This exercise is meant to push us outside our comfort zones by forcing us to see and use light differently each month.  To see last month's post click HERE.

This month the theme is Chiaroscuro...chiaroscuro what? Ya, I didn't know what it was either. Thank goodness for google who says, "chiaroscuro is an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something."  I didn't know it, but chiaroscuro is actually one of my favorite types of light.  So, for those of you who are like me and need a visual, here you go.


And now, please continue your blog circle journey and visit Lynn Nalty from Square Balloon.  She is all sorts of talented and I am always blown away by her work.

If you are interested in booking a session with me, I would love to CHAT or you can visit my information page for details and pricing.  I post all of my current work as well as pictures from my 365 project on Facebook and Instagram (I'm under bloomandgrow) so feel free to "like" and follow along!

5 comments:

  1. I knew you would rock this. Just knew it. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always rocking, this lighting suits your work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these!!! (as always :p) That first one though? So so good <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore that top image. I mean, really. I love the lines, the shape the light makes, the whole mood of the image, everything. A really lovely set of images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. These are gorgeous. I love them all but as Lynn mentioned the top one in particular? AMAZING. Perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete